Aussie Grit Tarawera Entry Competition
Aussie Grit Tarawera Entry Competition (Australian Terms & Conditions)
Terms and Conditions
Your entry into the 'Aussie Grit Tarawera Entry Competition (the Competition) is deemed acceptance of the following Terms and Conditions. Information on how to enter this competition and the prize(s) form part of these Terms and Conditions.
The Promoter is Aussie Grit Apparel Pty Ltd (ABN 12 612 233 459) Unit 6, 43-46 Higginbotham Road, Gladesville NSW 2111 (the Promoter).
Terms of Entry
1. Competition entries can be made from 4pm Tuesday 12 November 2019 (Australian Eastern Daylight Time) until 23.59 (Australian Eastern Daylight time) on 30 November 2019 (The Competition Period). Entries received outside the Competition Period will not be eligible or accepted.
2. The Competition is open to Australian permanent residents residing in an Australian State or Territory during the Competition Period.
3. Entrants must be over the age of 18 as at the date of entry.
4. Employees and immediate families of the Promoter, associated agencies and companies, contractors or individuals are not eligible to enter the Competition. Immediate family shall include: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (including by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, stepsister or first cousin.
5. By entering the Competition you warrant that you meet the entry requirements.
6. The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual deemed by the Promoter to have breached any of the Competition Terms and Conditions or engaged in unlawful or improper misconduct compromising the fair and just running of the Promotion.
7. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of any entry or individual entering the Competition at any time.
How to Enter
8. This is a 'game of skill' competition, chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
9. To enter eligible individuals must follow @aussiegritapparel on Instagram or like Aussie Grit Apparel on Facebook and tag us in a photo of you on your favourite running route with a caption or comments about why you would love to win.
10. Multiple entries are permitted.
11. Late, incomplete, indecipherable, discriminatory, or otherwise offensive entries will be deemed invalid and will be disqualified.
12. The Prize comprises of the following: One of two entries to Tarawera Ultra Marathon. The winner can select the race category to enter.
13. The total Prize is valued at up to NZD$806.00 dependant upon race entry chosen. The Prize nor any portion thereof, is not transferrable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. No compensation will be offered if the Prize Winner is unable to take the Prize as stated.
The Prize Judging Process
14. Once you have entered, your entry will be visible on social media including but not limited to the Promoters social media platforms including but not limited to Instagram. All entries shall remain visible to the public for the Competition Period
15. At the completion of the Competition Period the two most inspiring entries, as judged by the Promoter will win one of the two Prizes.
16. The final judging process shall take place at the Promoter's Head Office in Australia on 1 December 2019.
17. The Prize Winner will be notified via direct message within 24 hours of the determination of the Prize Winner. Upon acceptance of the Prize, the Prize Winner's name will be published on the Promoter's social media sites for a period determined by the Promoter.
18. The Prize must be claimed by the Prize Winner within three (3) days of being notified.
19. The Promoter will make reasonable efforts to contact the Prize Winner within the time specified. If for any reason, the Prize Winner does not claim their Prize, cannot be contacted or cannot meet with these Terms and Conditions the Prize will be forfeited and the entry judged next best shall be deemed the Prize Winner.
20. The Promoter's decision in relation to any aspect of the Competition shall be final and binding on every person who enters. No correspondence shall be entered into.
22. The Prize Winner agrees to the use and disclosure of their name, photograph and county of residence and will co-operate with any other reasonable requests by the Promoter relating to any post-winning publicity.
23. In the event of the Prize being unavailable, the Promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal value.
Liability and Release
24. The entrant warrants to the Promoter that the entry submitted is an original artistic work of the entrant that does not infringe the rights of any third parties. If the entry or any part of the information provided to the Promoter in relation to the entry was provided by a third party, the entrant warrants that they have obtained the relevant copyright permission to submit the entry for the purposes of this Promotion.
25. The entrant acknowledges that as a condition to entry the Promoter, its supplier/s and their affiliates shall be entitled to use any of the entries or material created as a result of entry into the Competition, including but not limited to photographs, sound recordings and video recordings submitted in any manner and for any purpose, at its absolute discretion.
26. Each entrant agrees that the Promoter (and third parties authorised by the Promoter) may make any and all entries available on their social media channels, their website and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future. Each entrant grants the Promoter (and third parties authorised by the Promoter) a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, make derivative works from, edit, alter, store, re-format, sell and sublicense the entry for such purposes.
27. Any use by Promoter, its supplier/s and affiliates in accordance with these terms and conditions shall not require any reference, payment or other compensation to the entrant or any other third party.
28. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia.
29. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook and/or Instagram.
30. Subject to state legislation the Promoter reserves the right to discontinue the Competition at any time and in its sole discretion may cancel, terminate or modify the Competition without the need to provide compensation to entrants or attempted entrants.
31. The Promoter is not responsible for any losses associated with any change to the value of the Prize or any part thereof.
32. The Promoter makes no representation nor provides any warranty as to the quality or suitability of the Prize offered.
33. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by or to any person or to personal property including, but not limited to, consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent by the Promoter or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangements for the supply of any goods or services by any person to the Prize Winner
34. The Promoter's decision on all matters relating to the Competition will be final. The Promoter is under no obligation to provide reasons for its decisions or engage in any correspondence with entrants or purported entrants or their representatives on any matters relating to the Competition.
38. The Competition and Terms and Conditions will be governed by Australian Law and any dispute will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of Australia.